Using Spreadsheets Applications Productively. ...
The below pointers are only meant to stimulate thought and eventual activities that would kickstart or steer users in the right direction. This is continuation of the "excel" series
In our existence most things have a creator, a purpose and a method; so are these productivity tools as well. An open and inquiring mind can lead us to discovering the mostly intuitive set of tools at our disposal
Understand the basic terminologies and structures
- Structure of spreadsheet
- Rows columns cell
- References absolute relative
- ranges, named ranges
- Formula bar= function structure, arguments, criteria ,nesting, conditions, operators (&)
(Sum, count, left, uppercase, network days, eomonth, mid, if, or , and , not, date, time, indirect, concatenate)
Necessary "must knows"
- Paste special
- Text auto formatting characteristics '
- Cell Formatting
- Page layout, formatting grid lines
- Data Validation
- Protect cells, sheets
- Drop down list
- Conditional formatting
- Data Sorting - basic advanced
- Data Filter - value, colour
Good to know
- Display formulas
- Data Lookup
- Data Tables
- Pivot Table
- Record and modify a simple macro.
- Import Data
This just represents a sample of ideas and knowledge to have for effectiveness and should stimulate further studies.